Party to a Lawsuit Mortgage

Party to a Lawsuit Mortgage

What Happens When a Lawsuit Mortgage Leads to Foreclosure?

If you have received a summon for an eviction from your rental dwelling, the next step is to contact a Lawyer. If you are not sure whom to ask, a good referral from an old friend or relative may be helpful in this regard. Referrals are always helpful, especially if they pertain to your specific needs, such as that of having a Lawsuit for a lawsuit mortgage.

Party to a Lawsuit Mortgage

Once you have identified a Lawyer, you will want to know what steps to take next. You can either move to another location and begin the eviction procedure, or ask the plaintiff to show you the court papers. If you know the plaintiff is in another state, it might be necessary for you to seek the services of an attorney who is familiar with the area. Some plaintiffs move to a new city and fail to appear in court when served with the summons. In this case, it is crucial for you to act quickly in order to avoid a default judgment and eviction.

Once you have found an attorney to assist you, the next step is to request a Default Judgment against you, and serve the summons on you personally.

The copies of the summons will then be served to you by either your landlord/agent or you yourself. Some landlords/agents are instructed to attend a meeting with tenants to discuss the matter. In this case, the plaintiff must attend a meeting with the defendant to discuss the case in detail and obtain more information about the complaint against you.

The notice served by the summons will serve as notice to the defendant that there is a pending foreclosure action in county court.

This gives the defendant 30 days to respond to the complaint. If the defendant fails to do so, then a default judgment has been filed, and a date for a trial has been scheduled. At this point, the parties will enter into a court-room conference to determine whether or not to settle the case.

If both parties agree to enter into a settlement agreement, then the case will end at this point.

If either party is not satisfied with the terms of the settlement agreement, then an appeal can be filed with the court. If the court agrees with the defendant’s arguments, then the case will be continued, and the foreclosure will continue. If at any time the parties do not agree on the settlement terms, a motion for new court orders will be made. This motion can be made by either party, but must be done within two months of the date of service of the summons.

You can learn more about the rights that you are entitled to when it comes to a lawsuit mortgage loan by registering for a free mortgage guidebook.

A good guidebook will tell you what you are legally entitled to and will help you decide if you want to pursue a default judgment. Once you have started moving forward with the lawsuit, the lender cannot continue to harass you about collecting payments you owe on your lawsuit loan unless you go after them in court.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *